Copyright 2007-2011 Kimberley Woodhouse

All content and photographs unless otherwise noted All rights reserved

No Safe Haven Book Trailer

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Pondering

I haven't blogged in a while. Life has been crazy, and I mean C-R-A-Z-Y.

But what am I doing now? I'm sitting in bed, propped up by pillows, surrounded by kleenex, ibuprofen, antibiotics, and every kind of de-snottifying medication I had in the house.

Nothing like a little sickness to MAKE you take a break. Even if you don't have time for one.

This entry will probably take every last bit of energy I have, but I will feel satisfaction that I accomplished... something.

This junk has so knocked me off my feet that I understand now why people die from it. "The Crud" - as I've heard it so aptly named - has taken hold and I eagerly await the time when I can, once again, take a full breath without dire consequences. My eyes are swollen, my nose is swollen, and my whole head feels like it could explode at any moment. I'm sure it would be a nasty mess to clean up, but wow, can you imagine the relief? Sigh.

So as I sit here and dream about breathing freely, I'm also thinking about those things that are of eternal value. I know, you're wondering how those two intersected in my mind. But it's true. I recently finished a book by Randy Alcorn, Deadline, that has had me thinking ever since. It's not an easy read - there are a LOT of words in this novel - but well worth the time. It's thought-provoking, and really put my life here on earth into perspective.

I pondered Deadline a lot as I was reading it - but while I've been laid up, I've thought about it much more. And that's saying a ton, because I haven't been able to focus on much.

So when a book touches my life in such a way, I know I am supposed to share. It took me over a week to get through it (but I read really fast) so it may take you a month or more, but I would definitely recommend it. Randy Alcorn tackles some incredibly hard topics, but he also gives a fascinating idea--possibly even a glimpse--of heaven.

And I don't know about you -- but I am really looking forward to heaven. (No sickness in heaven!) Until then, I am going to do my best with what He's given me.