Copyright 2007-2011 Kimberley Woodhouse

All content and photographs unless otherwise noted All rights reserved

No Safe Haven Book Trailer

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Blessings and Forgiveness

We have been so very blessed! (And I'm not just talking about the incredible home thing that just happened!)

We have been blessed to receive the free gift of salvation. Do you ever take this for granted? Do you ever take forgiveness for granted? Wow - really think about that one . . .

Let me give you a few of my thoughts. The Lord has blessed us through ABC, EMHE, and our INCREDIBLE community. We have tried with all our might to make sure that He is glorified through it - but we are also imperfect, sinful creatures - we are not perfect. The enemy has been on the attack - and we haven't even had the chance to let it sink in because it has been so hard. I keep thinking that one of these days I'll get to breathe a deep sigh of relief :)

In the process of all of this, I am really working hard on forgiveness. There have been lies said and deceitful things done that have hurt deeply, and guess what? It was "Christians" who did it - but, isn't that the best way to attack? The enemy wants to see us divided and wounded, angry and not getting along. Are we going to let him win at his little game? Or are we going to keep going, working at it, forgiving no matter what?

I wrote a post a while back about how we might need to love one another a little more. I have had so much positive feedback from that post :) it made me realize that that is what is happening to the body of Christ - we've stopped loving one another and instead get jealous or angry. Petty things like, "everybody likes you more than me," or "you get more attention than me" are ruining the church. Trying to get rid of the people that disagree with you rather than working out your conflicts are leading innocent people astray and why non-Christians don't want to have anything to do with Christianity. Legalism is sucking the life out of believers.

I'm going to reiterate what I wrote a while back:
"So, my question is this: What can we be doing for each other that would help us come together to make the beautiful creation He has intended us to be? Maybe we need to spend a little more time encouraging one another. Maybe we need to spend a little more time praying for one another. And maybe, we need to spend a little more time loving one another."