Copyright 2007-2011 Kimberley Woodhouse

All content and photographs unless otherwise noted All rights reserved

No Safe Haven Book Trailer

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thanksgiving

God is so good.

There are so many people that we know that are hurting, and people being attacked - and yet, I still have to say, "God is SO good".

Why do I say that? How can I say that? Well, because it's true.

I have a writer friend who just found out she has a malignant brain tumor - and to read her blog (www.christianlovestories.blogspot.com ) you see how they are still praising God. What a testimony! I have another friend who lost a child a few years ago, our own daughter went through brain surgery and has an incurable rare nerve disorder, and through it all, we all can say - God is so good.

Why? How? Think about a really tough time in your life. Did you come out of it stronger? Did you learn some valuable lessons through it? I know I have. And it was during all of the really tough times that I totally relied upon Him and He showed me His incredible grace and goodness. I also know going through those tough times, shows you how unimportant all of the other "stuff" really is. I'm thankful for the really tough times. I'm thankful for the trials. I'm thankful for His goodness. I'm thankful that He loves us so much that He sacrificed everything for you and me. I'm thankful that our time here on earth is not eternity. And that all the junk, lies, gossip, sin and hard times will vanish one day.

As we approach Thanksgiving and Christmas, we look forward to family and friends, fun and food. But, this season is my favorite because it stands for the greatest Gift of all. I'm thankful for all that God has done, is doing, and will do in my life. I look forward to being able to share with more people what He really means to me.

God is so good.
And I am so thankful.
Proverbs 3:5,6
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."