Copyright 2007-2011 Kimberley Woodhouse

All content and photographs unless otherwise noted All rights reserved

No Safe Haven Book Trailer

Friday, September 26, 2008

Two Years Ago Today...

...our beautiful daughter, Kayla, underwent brain decompression surgery.

She is doing so incredibly well. I praise God for what He has done in her life and what He will continue to do.

I remember those days so clearly. As a mom, it about broke my heart in two. Kayla asked me to go into the OR with her, she was already almost out from the first round of medication, but WOW - that was so hard. I cried as I left her in there, and the poor man who accompanied me in and out probably saw this a lot from parents. I had been fine until I had to leave her in there. I remember the scrubs feeling itchy, the air being oh-so-cold, and antiseptics leaving a burning sensation in my nose. No, I will never forget that.

BUT - I will also never forget - the look on the doctor's face when he came to talk to us after her surgery. His smile as he explained how successful it had been. And the way my husband wrapped his arm around me. The most beautiful part? Getting to see her for the first time afterward.

For several weeks, Kayla didn't want me to leave her side. So Josh and I spent lots of time just sitting with her, beside her, coloring, making art projects, reading books, and having fun. Jeremy would come home and sit with her so I could make lunch - so she would always have someone at her side (she was wobbly for a while and had trouble moving herself around). She doesn't feel pain until it's really intense, so we were concerned about many issues, but Kayla was cautious and knew that she had just been through something intense.

Two years later, I sit here remembering all the emotions that played through my life. I glance at my daughter and son - thanking God for all He has given me. The good and the bad. The ups and the downs. The extreme hard times, and the incredibly joyous times.

And... a little song plays through my head. He's still working on me.

James 1:2-4 are my life verses. And oh, how I long to be mature and complete. :)

God is good and He is God.

And so today we celebrate a two year anniversary. Our own miracle.
Thank you all for praying for us and sharing the journey with us...