Copyright 2007-2011 Kimberley Woodhouse

All content and photographs unless otherwise noted All rights reserved

No Safe Haven Book Trailer

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Alarmed Milk-Man

Last night, I was still awake in the living room, attempting to get some work done since my brain was still in high gear. It was around 11:30 pm and through the front blinds, I saw what I thought was a flashlight coming up the driveway. I watched as the light drew closer and then bolted into "mother bear - protect" mode.

Not fully thinking through my plan of offense, I yanked the front door open, successfully setting off our custom, high security, alarm system. What did I find? The milk-man. Delivering our milk and icing it down in the ice chests, so that we would have fresh, organic milk in the morning.

Not only did I freak the poor man out - I sufficiently scared myself with the screeching of the migraine-inducing alarm. I don't suggest this scenario to make a good impression.

I never thought through the process that our sweet milk delivery company goes through. Our milk-man (who may want to be taken off of our route after this episode) had a light attached to his helmet, so that he could carry our delivery up to the porch and place it in the ice chests they provide for their products. They deliver in the middle of the night, and they don't want to disrupt their customers. A new light bulb has flickered in my brain with understanding.

So, to my milk-man - my apologies. I don't think words are enough for the scare I put him through last night, but I hope he knows it is sincere. :)

And to all of my readers out there, try not to scare your delivery people. It won't be a pleasant experience for either one of you.