Copyright 2007-2011 Kimberley Woodhouse

All content and photographs unless otherwise noted All rights reserved

No Safe Haven Book Trailer

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

How Many Pages? A New Contest!

Once again, my children amaze me.

We just finished another quarter of school, and as I tally up grades and prepare report cards, I also add up our reading lists. We each keep a list of the books we have read - author, title, number of pages.

They have each read thousands of pages in a single quarter. My daughter, has read 20,874.

Did you catch that? Twenty Thousand, Eight Hundred and Seventy Four. One hundred and eight books. In ONE quarter. That's not a quarter of a year - it's a quarter of a school year.

So, I decided to come up with a challenge for all of my readers. For one year, I'd like everyone to keep track of the books they read. Write down the title of the book, the author, and how many pages. If you read picture books to your kids, write those down too! All those pages count.

I'm going to gather up some really great prizes. I have many author friends and I'm sure we can come up with a LOT.

In the coming weeks and months - I will check on everyone - and announce prizes. Keep checking the website and blog for more information.

There will be more than one winner. A winner for the most books read (hint, hint- if you're reading short books to your kids, they will add up REALLY fast,) A winner for most pages read, etc.

Hey, even if this inspires you to read the cereal box, it's a start.

So, get to reading - and no, Kayla will not be allowed to enter, but we should all strive to keep up with her! :)

On your mark, get set, READ!