Copyright 2007-2011 Kimberley Woodhouse

All content and photographs unless otherwise noted All rights reserved

No Safe Haven Book Trailer

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Flying Through the Water

We've had the awesome privilege to be at the Olympic Trials for Swimming in Omaha, Nebraska. What fun it has been!

We've watched Michael Phelps, Katie Hoff, Natalie Coughlin, and countless others in their pursuit of their Olympic dreams - and in the process World Records have been broken and lives have been inspired.

One thing that never ceases to amaze me is the diligence of these athletes. They work hard -- and I mean HARD. Race after race, lap after lap, stroke after stroke. I've always been impressed, but watching up close and personal - seeing their faces and determination - gave me a new appreciation.

It makes me think about how we live our lives. How many times do we start something and not finish? We find someone else to blame for why we didn't achieve our goal and move on to something else. We're not consistent with how we do things, making up new rules as we go along. :) Excuses are made so that we can feel better about ourselves. That's not diligence, or determination.

What has happened to the work ethic in our country? Why have we gotten so lazy? Why can't we admit that we make mistakes, that we are wrong, and apologize?

I challenge you all to watch at the very least a portion of the Olympic Games this summer. Maybe we'll all learn a thing or two from the athletes and get off our lazy rear ends and do something about it.

I know I'm inspired. How about you?