Copyright 2007-2011 Kimberley Woodhouse

All content and photographs unless otherwise noted All rights reserved

No Safe Haven Book Trailer

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Book Reviews - Reluctant Smuggler and Death of a Six Foot Teddy Bear

I've had so many of you asking my opinion about Christian Fiction and faithful readers asking for book reviews that I thought I'd try to do at least one a week.

This week, I'm going to start with two (yes, thank you - hold your applause)--
Reluctant Smuggler by Jill Elizabeth Nelson and
Death of a Six-Foot Teddy Bear by Sharon Dunn

Reluctant Smuggler is the third book in the To Catch a Thief Series by Nelson. I was hooked from the beginning of the series and haven't wanted to wait for each book to come out! Jill does an incredible job of shaping her characters - they are real (which would be hard for others to pull off, considering the hero and heroine aren't your average run-of-the-mill '9-5'ers, but Jill does it with great finesse). I found myself yelling at them, laughing at them and wanting to jump in the scene - pull off an impossible art heist and be the FBI agents to catch the bad guys. Full of mystery, intrigue, security capers, laughter, FBI, the love of art and don't forget the on-the-edge-of-your-seat, bite-your-fingernails romance -- you REALLY need to buy this book and the whole series.

Death of a Six-Foot Teddy Bear is Sharon Dunn's second book in her Bargain Hunters Mysteries. Fast-paced and packed with crazy coincidences and being in the wrong place at the wrong time, I laughed a lot through this book as I puzzled over the mystery. This was my first time reading one of Sharon's books and I would definitely recommend it to others. There were a lot of kooky characters that reminded me that yes, I am "normal"! (Don't laugh - you know I'm right!) So, get out there and buy this book, you'll have fun!

Happy reading everyone - and thanks for all of your notes!