Copyright 2007-2011 Kimberley Woodhouse

All content and photographs unless otherwise noted All rights reserved

No Safe Haven Book Trailer

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Worship

How often do you think about worship? Do you think of 'church' as the "worship service"? Or do you think of the 'singing' as the "worship" part of the service and then the sermon/preaching/teaching is something else?

Back in college, one of my favorite classes was Music and Worship -- we went through a book entitled, Real Worship by Warren Wiersbe and I think I learned more life lessons through that class than any other.

We were created to glorify God. In all that we do. So, how do we worship? Is it only when we're singing or participating in praise and worship? Do we have to be in a "church" to worship? Or can it be when we're listening to music? What about when we're singing in the shower? I know, I know -- some are you are laughing now, but think about this: If we were made to bring glory to God, shouldn't everything we do - be worship?

My thoughts on this are very simple. We should be worshipping all day long. As long as we have breath! That means when I'm brushing my teeth - I have the opportunity to worship God, when I'm tying my shoes - I have the opportunity to worship God, when I am teaching my children right from wrong - guess what? I have the opportunity to worship God. Have you ever thought about it that way? A lot of it is in our attitude. How do you look at your day? Do you think about all of the ways you have to worship our great God and Savior? Cleaning your house with a joyful attitude can be an act of worship, ironing, washing dishes, mowing the lawn, doing the laundry, pulling weeds, taking out the trash, changing a diaper, grading papers, teaching long division and fractions (yes, even though I hear some of you groaning)... ALL have the potential to be worship opportunities.

Now, don't start sending me notes about how impossible it is to have the right attitude all day long! :) I know this. In fact I've been working on it for a LONG time and I still fail, BUT, I know that this is my goal. To worship God in all that I do.

And yes, I have to talk about music too :) David has a song - Life is a Church - and I encourage you to go listen to it - great message!

So - get out there and worship. Take a walk, sing in the shower, tie your shoes, clean your room, study for a test, read your Bible...

...Worship.