Copyright 2007-2011 Kimberley Woodhouse

All content and photographs unless otherwise noted All rights reserved

No Safe Haven Book Trailer

Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year, A New Adventure, A New Blog...

Well folks, I can hardly believe that it is Jan. 1, 2010. Anyone else feeling old?
As we start this new year, I'm inviting you to join us on a new journey...

Most of you know that Kayla and I will be writing a three-book series for B&H Publishers. The first one is set to release in 2011. Now - we are going to be sharing with you our 'travels' on this publishing road. All the craziness, all the laughter, all the tears, all the deadlines, goals, research, plotting, brainstorming, and celebrations. (Well, we're not giving away secrets of the books - you'll have to read them - but we are welcoming you in to this little corner of our lives.) Ever wondered what it was like to write a novel? Ever thought about how it would be to write as mother and daughter? What about the fact that we homeschool, the kids have swim-team six days a week... when and where do we fit in writing? All this and more I'm sure will be chatted about here. :) We welcome your questions and comments, encouragement and prayers.

For those of you who have been reading on http://kimberleywoodhouse.com - my blog will still continue with these posts from Kayla and me on Tues. and Thurs. - but this is a new blog http://kimberleyandkayla.blogspot.com that will also be on our new website http://kimberleyandkaylawoodhouse.com so there are lots of ways to find us! We look forward to hearing from you and hope you enjoy the ride.
With abundant joy,
Kim

Howdy! My name is Kayla R. Woodhouse, if you’ve read my mom’s blog, you’ve probably heard ALL about me. LOL

Mom and I are writing a series together set in Alaska. The "peoples" say that I will be the youngest-published-full-length-novelist ever. (Don’t worry, I freaked out too.) By the way, did I mention that I'm 12?

Now, I'm joining her in the wonderful fun of blogging. Just to warn you, I am a HUGE goof ball (it runs in the family, corniness runs deep through our veins!) If you don’t like humor, you don’t have to read my blog. :) In all seriousness, I hope you are touched by what we share here.

As you may know, about three years ago I had to have brain surgery. That was when I really started to read A LOT. Ever since then, I have loved books, and that love of books grew into a love for writing.

My brother and I were always coming up with stories and had already made 78 “episodes” of stuffed animal stories. I was always jotting down ideas and making up characters in my head, but I'd never really thought of becoming an author until my mom was offered a book contract for Welcome Home: Our Families Journey to Extreme Joy. She'd been writing since before I was born, so writing had always been part of out lives. But it was when we took a trip to the Grand Canyon that I came up with what I thought was my first 'slightly' good story. (Mom will tell you that I wrote lots of good stuff before this, but this is where I felt it all started.) I was surprised when my mom was amazed at my writing, and from then on - I wanted to get better and learn more. Mrs. Karen Ball, (a super-cool person who encouraged me to write when I was 10) offered to look at my stuff. Again I was amazed when she said she liked it and eventually, my mom and I were offered a three book deal, (while I was having Swim Team practice at the Olympic Training Center of all places!)

I hope that you will have fun reading my “oh so wonderful” blogging as my mom and I write and share our stories with you.
God Bless!-Kayla