Copyright 2007-2011 Kimberley Woodhouse

All content and photographs unless otherwise noted All rights reserved

No Safe Haven Book Trailer

Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Joy of the Lord

My sweet husband, Jeremy, is busy cooking dinner for me for Mother's Day. He's a gem.

Most of you know how many adventures we have, and the trials we have endured. My goal in life is to laugh my way through - to find the joy - the joy of the Lord, in it all. Life is hard, but God's joy cannot be taken away. I remind myself of that a lot. :)

I'm always reminded on this special day of the miscarriages I had. I have several people really close to me, who have gone through the same devastating circumstances this past year. It's hard. Really hard. Again, I'm reminded of the joy of the Lord. Just like it states in I Peter 1- my home is not of this world, I'm an alien residing here. I'm looking forward to the day when I get to see my Savior face to face. When I will get to see my loved ones that I've lost. When I will finally be mature and complete, not lacking anything -like it says in the book of James. So, life is not going to be easy, it's not going to be a bowl of cherries. It's going to be hard, really hard. Full of trials, full of heartache, full of tough times. But God is there. Always. His joy is there - waiting for me to grab onto it.

I have a wonderful family - my incredible parents, brother and sister, my in-laws, my husband who puts up with me and loves me in spite of my craziness, and of course, my two amazing children who bless me every day. I praise the Lord for what He has done in my life, and for the stretching and growing that He has brought me through. I praise Him for the good times, and for the bad. And I thank Him for His joy which is unchanging, and unending, and available constantly.